Thursday 13 November 2008

Heigh ho heigh ho it's back to work I go...

Haven't seen much theatre recently. Trying to change this state of affairs but it all costs so much money... As does heating and eating and these unfortunately have to come first despite loving the stage.

To make matters worse I received a text from a "friend" telling me they were standing outside the National Theatre in London in line for tickets to go see War Horse. I was in the supermarket standing in line for some milk. I did go and see lots of good stuff whilst I lived down there - stuff by Improbable, Complicite and others - but it doesn't make me feel any better about being so far away now.

The current National season is fantastic - along with War Horse, I also wish I could get to see Fiennes in Oedipus.



I saw him earlier this year in God of Carnage, along with Ken Stott, Tamsin Greig and Janet McTeer. Regardless of the play itself (which was pretty good) the acting was pretty amazing.

I'm off to try and find something within a 30 mile radius that looks like it might be worth seeing...

No comments: